Sunday, February 6, 2011

01/04/11 In Which I ‘De-Produce’ and Bought Waffles to Cheer Myself

(At my other blog, I call myself The Leaf Guy)

Because I’m on the first shift (I say it over and over again) I woke up at 4am today. I didn’t get much sleep; i kept waking every other hour and checking the time on my phone, which was pretty stupid coz I set the alarm before I turned in last night.
It’d ring this annoying tone and vibrate to tell me to get my ass of bed and hop in the shower.
Which I promptly did. The water was freezing! So I looked down at my *ehem* and muttered, “Honey, I think I shrunk my ‘kids’.”


Today. 01/04/11.
The universe must’ve been on my side because it was barely 5:30 in the morning but I was already in Ayala. T’was fun. I have a little more time ‘fore work starts so I stopped by a Mini-Stop to buy my favorite flavored coffee.
We started with the DSL new entries today. Ate Lulu did the orienting. i kept yawning the entire time; not because she was as boring as watching Charice Pempengco grow (which can happen in Never), but because I was just generally sleepy.
The DSL new entries were a bitch. Seriously. I had a hard time searching the web for libraries with special collections and stuff. Checking and cross-checking our database for existing ones (so I won’t end up making duplicates of the entries) wasn’t cake too. I had to do it over and over.
Finally, ang nagawa kong new entry ngayong araw ay tumatiginting na…. (drumroll) ISANG ENTRY. Eight hours of work and I only made one. Bagsak sa production ako ngayong araw. 
Shitballs.
It’s a good thing I bounce back easily. I wasn’t THAT bothered, as opposed to my officemate, Melo (who’s pretty nice but I don’t like much, I wonder why) who told me he almost cried because he was having a hard time too.
I snorted. Whatever.
Ang saya-saya nang pauwi na kasi dumating na yung mga magse-second shift. Karamihan sa kanila ay yung mga taong mas gusto ko talagang makasama—sina Ate Adel, Ate Marj tsaka Kuya Vince.
Ate Adel showed me her new haircut (with the “Dora The Explorer bangs”, as she calls it) and we all had a good laugh about it.
Finally, it was time to go.
I made the usual long trudge to Edsa. I stopped by various bookstores along the way. Books that I can’t buy yet kasi hindi pa ako nakakapag-regalo kina Ate nung Christmas pa, although they tell me it was okay. Hahaha.
I bought a bunch of waffles (I’m a glutton and it makes me happy) before I rode the bus back to QC. When I arrived at the house, I went out again to buy some chicken nuggets to fry later. Probably I’ll be eating charcoal for dinner pero okay lang.

-- The Leaf Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment